TERMS, CONDITIONS & TEST PASS RATES
All students must be in possession of a signed U.K. Provisional Driving Licence for Group ´B´ Cars on commencement of the training.
• INSURANCE: All fees include student cover whilst driving the School vehicle, (provided the student is licensed to drive) and is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency A.D.I / P.D.I (Car) or on a Driving Test with an approved DVSA Examiner(s).
• FEES: Colin Kentish Driving School currently charges £36.00 per hour for Manual lessons. Special offers and advance payment discounts are always available - please check pricing page for details.
• CANCELLATIONS: Colin Kentish Driving School requires a minimum of 48 hours notice if students wish to cancel a scheduled hourly lesson. A minimum of 14 days notice is required if students wish to cancel an intensive or semi-intensive driving course. Colin Kentish Driving School reserve the right to charge the full lesson/course fee if the above periods of notice are not given and if the cancellation will result in loss of earnings.(Excluding illness and/or other mitigating circumstances). Edit: No cancellation charges at present due to COVID-19
• PAYMENTS: We accept payment by Cash, Credit Card (via PayPal) or Cheque (if supported by a cheque guarantee card). Please check availability before paying on-line! Advance payment lessons are accepted on the understanding that no refunds will be given.
• APPOINTMENTS: While every care will be taken to ensure Students receive training at the requested time, all bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to exceptional traffic conditions, adverse weather, mechanical breakdown of equipment or any other cause outside of our control. If, in the view of the Instructor, the student is unfit to carry out the lesson safely; due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol, Drugs or lack of sleep)a cancellation charge will apply.
• COURSEWORK PAPERS ETC: All question papers, handouts, books, C.D. ROMs and relevant materials remain the property of Colin Kentish Driving School.(If not returned on request a fee will be charged). Driving courses/lessons may involve working breaks away from the tuition vehicle,(to discuss progress look at lesson plans etc).
• THE DRIVING TEST: The school reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle if, in the Instructors opinion; the student has not reached the required standard. The student will be expected to pass at least one mock test before being allowed to use the school car for the DVSA test. The school cannot be held responsible for test appointments being postponed or cancelled by the DVSA. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs, etc. before or during the DVSA test. All bulbs/lights, etc. will be checked with the candidate at the test centre prior to the DVSA test.
• PERSONAL PROPERTY: Colin Kentish Driving School accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle.
• MOBILE PHONES: All students should ensure that mobile phones are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Due to recent changes in the law, our Instructor´s will not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson!
• TEST PASS RATES: (Updated on a regular basis): Colin Kentish Driver Training current pass rates to 31st March 2020 are as follows: Last 20 driving tests: 15 Students passed their driving test = 75% pass rate (National average pass rate is currently only 46%) of the 15 students that passed during the period 9 were 1st time passes!